If you’re planning a move, you’ve very likely already searched through a lot of moving companies trying to find one that will get the job done. With all the movers out there, it’s not always easy to know which one is right for your needs. We’ve all heard at least one horror story about terrible movers who ended up making the move far more difficult than it should’ve been.
How do you make sure that your move is smooth? For starters, you can think carefully about the moving company you choose to oversee your move. In this guide, we’ll share some tips on how to choose moving companies.
Moving basics 🚚
There is no doubt about it, moving can be one of life’s most stressful events. Whether you’re moving offices or houses, the process is often time-consuming and frustrating.
Some of the most common services offered by these companies include:
- Containers. Rather than having to find your own boxes or asking your local supermarket if they have any old boxes, professional movers offer strong moving containers. Moving containers are often made of high-quality plastic or similar materials, reducing the risk of damage during transit. These containers also come in various sizes to suit your individual needs.
- Transportation. A moving truck is essential to get your goods from point A to B. That’s not to say that all trucks are made equal. It’s always a good idea to err on the side of caution when giving your movers the estimated number of boxes and furniture items you’ll need moving. It’s better to have extra room on the moving truck than no extra space.
- Helpers. You have two choices here – rope in friends and family or employees to help, or get expert help from professional packers and movers. While it may seem a bit strange to have people help you pack, these professionals help businesses and residents move on a regular basis, they can often help to get the job done far quicker than you might.
Questions to ask a moving company
A simple way to find the right movers for you is to put together a list of questions to ask prospective moving companies.
Here are a few questions that you should be asking:
- How long have you been operating?
- Are you insured?
- What do your rates include?
- What protection do you offer for furniture?
How to choose the moving company for you 📦
Now that you’ve started to make a list of potential movers, how do you choose the best moving services? There are a few things to think about when selecting furniture movers.
Depending on whether you’re searching for long-distance movers or local movers; moving home or moving office, the ideal furniture movers will be a company that you can trust. Picking a moving option without doing any sort of research beforehand is never a good idea.
Ultimately, choosing moving companies in South Africa comes down to having all of your facts on the table. It’s very easy to go with the cheapest option, or get swayed by the huge promises of fast moves and low rates that many fly-by-night companies offer.
Rather than taking the chance with your belongings, it’s always best to research prospective companies well in advance. Ask friends and family, use Hellopeter to read reviews, do online searches and look out for all reviews – good and bad. This will make it far easier to choose moving companies that will provide you with full peace of mind at every stage of your move.
Reviews on Hellopeter have helped over one million consumers make better choices. Had an experience you’d like to tell us about? Leave us a review here.